Friday 28 November 2014

Five for Friday

Hello!

I was all set to write a Five for Friday post last week and had actually remembered to take pictures during the week only to feel rotten by the time I got home after work and then even worse all weekend! I'm just about back to normal now though so I'm happy to be linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for...





I saw that Colleen from Literacy Loving Gals was practising suffixes with magnetic letters and realised the new set I had bought last year were still sitting unused in a drawer in my classroom! I got them out in guided reading the next day and we used them to practise our own spellings. They're in use all the time now for building high frequency words, weekly spellings and simple sentences - they love them!



I finally got round to displaying the collaborative masterpiece my class created for Remembrance Day - We're still learning about WW1 and Remembrance so I have a few more things to add before the unit finishes but I'm pleased with how it looks so far!



I decided to change my vocabulary display to match the season so here is the start of my wintery words display! I've since added a little robin...


I do appreciate that it looks like a shark in disguise though and need to remove that top wing! I've lots of words to add and plan to make glittery snowflakes with the kids on Monday!



As we are promoting collaboration this half term (it was perseverance last half term), I decided to do a STEM challenge and knew exactly where to find inspiration - from lovely Carol at Teachers are Terrific! We had no successful towers but there was great talk, perseverance and collaboration so all was good and the kids had fun (and I ate a lot of marshmallows)!



I have to plan a 2 week unit on the Polar Express this weekend. Believe it or not I had never even read the book until it arrived in my letterbox and I still haven't seen the film (that's on the to do list for tomorrow)! If you have any great ideas for activities which will produce some great writing based on this, please let me know!

I think that's all for today! Don't forget to link up your own Five for Friday and to check out what everyone else has been up to.

Have a great weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment