Friday 14 November 2014

Five for Friday


I'm so glad it's Friday! 

All week I've been a day out so I feel like I've done a 6 day week and it's been slow. But I'm finally home, in my PJs and am ready to link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday! 
(I didn't manage to link up last week so here are a few random bits from the last 2 weeks...)



Remembrance Day

I saw this picture when looking for ideas for a quick art activity on remembrance day from Art Room with a View which I thought was great!


As our focus in school at the moment is collaboration, I decided to get my class to work together to make a big version to display in the corridor outside the classroom. It's not up yet but here is a picture to show how it looked all together when I tacked them up as they each finished! I was so pleased with how they worked and they were amazed at how good their pieces looked as part of a bigger picture!



Remembrance Writing


In Big Writing today they wrote about what they had learned about WW1 and Remembrance Day so far. We've only had 2 lessons on the topic and I'm amazed at how well they did! This little one even remembered his finger spaces!


Knitting


I'm organising a little christmas decoration knitting competition at school to get in the festive spirit even though I can only knit squares and scarves myself! I found an online tutorial for a twisted christmas tree and followed along. I substituted buttons for beads (as I didn't have any) and think it looks passable! 


More Great Writing

I was teaching them about some of the special keys on the keyboard in computing last week. To practice, I showed them how to insert a picture then asked them to write some sentences. This piece below was done completely independently and I just love how he remembered the work that had been done of description and using adjectives. I know we have some work to do on spelling but I was so proud!




My plans for the weekend...!


My gorgeous boy has the right idea!

Have a great weekend!

If you are not following me and would like to - then feel free to click on the icons below!




4 comments:

  1. I love your collaborative picture- we have been doing some Georgia O'Keeffe inspired work this week- I hope our collaborations look as stunning as yours Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The field of flowers is awesome. I also tried a Georgia O'Keefe inspired work some years back. We drew flowers in her style on sandpaper. We had to color very dark. Then we turned the sandpaper square upside down onto cotton cloth and ironed it. The crayon melted into the cotton and created the flower, but with a stippled effect. I sewed all the cotton squares together to make a little quilt. I love your little cat- my oldest cat is snoring right beside me as I type this! Have a great weekend!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Miss Pixie Anne! Just thought I'd stop by and say hello. Love your poppies AND LOVE your knitted Christmas tree. That looks like it would be hard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pixie Anne! I love the Twisted Christmas Tree! Just about my speed when it comes to knitting. I come from a long line of British knitters- fair isle and everything– and I am a miserable failure! I have one sweater "done" still in pieces... I'm inspired to pick up the needles again :) See you around! Kathleen
    Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete