Friday 26 September 2014

Five for Friday

It's so nice to be sitting down ready to link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday again!

(I'm giving away a $10 TpT giftcard and winners choice of 2 products from my store - you can enter here!)


Week 3 of school is over and I think I've managed to develop a few new good habits this year! Is it 21 or 30 days that it takes to form a habit? Well it's been 24 days (I suppose only 18 teaching days) and I have high hopes that first 2 habits will stay with me:



Marking: I have managed to stay up to date with my marking! Children are self assessing with traffic lights and great comments, responding to my marking therefore making it worthwhile and using the sentence prompts I made to help them!





I have been using this storage to keep worksheets and resources for the week (Mon - Fri) and have been getting everything ready on a Friday before I leave for the coming week! It means so much less work and stress the following Monday and means I'm not running round sorting everything out at the last minute! 




A nice treat on Monday was a team member bringing in yummy cupcakes for us all! Delicious for breakfast and another one to celebrate the end on Monday!



Last week I got the beebots out and we carried on playing with them this week! They children worked in groups to make the little bees move in a square and staircase pattern and then tried to get him follow different straight line patterns they drew for each other! I can't say they were great at it but they definitely enjoyed it and there was some good talk and collaboration (by some groups - maybe half!).




I stopped to look at my displays before going home today and decided this little corner of my reward board is my favourite. When doing a search for class rules for ideas, I saw the STAR rules from Stories by Storie:


I hope it's ok that I adapted them and used them on my tree! Each child decorated a leaf to say they agree with the rules and I added in a few bits to make sure all the rules they came up with for the class were covered!  

Right. I feel better that I have managed to link up for Five for Friday on Friday and am off to see what everyone else has shared today!

Have a great weekend!







1 comment:

  1. Hey Pixie Anne! I know I saw that tree on Pinterest last night! That makes you famous- or maybe it was Instagram.....I obviously scroll through too many things late at night! Have a great weekend!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete