Saturday 13 September 2014

First Full Week Done!

Hello!

We started back last Wednesday but this week was the first full week of teaching and I survived! It was actually a really good week and I can't believe it was only the first - my class have settled in really well and have already done some great work!

I'm linking up with Kacey at Doodle Bugs Teaching to share some bits from my week for Five for Friday (Saturday):



My class are already getting used to the no excuses word wall and I have seen them using it when writing and reminding each other to use it when writing! The glare is worse in this picture but I still might redo and not laminate the words soon so they are even easier to see...



I have started to ad bits to our literacy working wall. Some sentences done in shared writing and some questions they would like to ask Billy (from Silly Billy by Anthony Browne) and the answers they think he would give!



I got my new trolley set up so I can wheel it round with me when working at different tables with groups. It has already saved me lots of trips back to my desk/cupboard/equipment trays to get bits I suddenly need. I love it!



I have printed off the level 1 discussion prompts from the Think Talk Teach pack I purchased from the amazing Miss DeCarbo at Sugar and Spice! I plan to cut and laminate this weekend and to start using them next week. To start with I plan to introduce and give children time to think and partner talk before the register each morning or afternoon and then have them share their sentence with the class as I call the register! You can get a copy from her TpT store by clicking on the photo above!




I was delighted with the screen background I made to go on my computer at work using my favourite turquoise and lime green backgrounds and new Melonheadz Nerd Kidlettes. However, when I went to install and get organised at the start of the week I couldn't do it. I spent what seemed like hours trying and became more than a little frustrated! It now turns out I do not have permission to change the background on my computer so I am stuck with black and a jumble of icons until the lovely IT man finds the time to change the settings...I will have to be patient! 
(I used the tutorial and inspiration from Learning in Wonderland to help me make this!)

Thanks for stopping by to read my Five for Friday! Make sure you go and check out what everyone else has been up to!










No comments:

Post a Comment