Saturday 30 August 2014

Five for Friday

Hello!

It's Saturday, which means that I'm a little late linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday AND that this is the last weekend before I have to go back to school which is very sad...



While I feel like I've been working pretty much the whole of this holiday, it has been a great break and I think I'll just about be able to manage the next 8 weeks until half term!

An amazing trip to Bruges

A lovely weekend in Cardiff

A trip to Harry Potter World
What was the best thing you did this summer?


This week I finally finished plotting the whole year for years 1, 2 and 3 so all the new teachers in my phase have a rough idea of what they will be teaching!




I have planned a 'Worry Free Morning' for Friday. We will be reading Silly Billy, learning about and making worry dolls; reading Grandmother's Dreamcatcher and making dreamcatchers and making bubbles and bubble wands and going outside to experiment with the best bubbles while blowing our worries away (if the weather is nice)! Come back next week to see pictures!


If you saw my Wordless Wednesday post you will have seen I was excited that this book arrived this week! 


 I am very excited to use it in class and think we will make a great display or class rule book by thinking about what Otters should do or be!



My favourite thing of the week is the cover I made for my teacher diary/planner! This is the third year I have personalised my planner this way and I think this one is the best I have managed so far! 


I'm not sure how often I'll actually find a pen in there as I can never hang on to one for that long (unless it is around my neck), but I will try!


 That's all for this week! Last minute relaxing and planning to be done this weekend, a few hours in class to finish setting up on Monday, staff training on Tuesday and kids back on Wednesday! I'm tired already!

Have a great weekend!


4 comments:

  1. I love your planner cover! You are really great with sewing- a lost art these days. My mother taught me to sew- which is the only way we ever had new clothes when I was little! I cannot believe you are already going back to school- seems like it hasn't been very long. Have a great beginning!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really pleased with how it turned out - a few flaws but I don't think anyone else will notice! I can't believe we're going back either - the shortest 6 weeks ever!

      Delete
  2. How clever and imaginative you are - I've never even thought to transform my diary (we have the same ones I noticed!) - then again I normally lose mine for up to two weeks out of every half term and use a tiny pocket one that goes in my laptop pocket. I don't think anyone overseas believes us when we say we only get six weeks off, do you? Pempi

    ReplyDelete