Saturday 5 July 2014

Five for Friday

Hello!

Friday has finally arrived and I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday!





I am 13 days away from the holidays! 

I loved some of the countdown activities I saw other people doing while reading blogs over the last couple of months (like this balloon pop I saw over at Learnin' Books) and want to do something similar in my class to celebrate the end of year 2 and the approaching summer! 


If you did something like this in your class - what were the activities they enjoyed the most?


My new tables arrived!

I went for beech tops and they brighten up the classroom so much! 
(Even though this is a dingy picture I managed to take!)



I visited another school this week to observe another teacher for some professional development. The school was amazing! The outside space was a dream playground which I could spend hours playing in myself! Unfortunately, when I was shown outside it was playtime so I wasn't able to take any pictures. I did take a quick picture of part of the staffroom though - also amazing! The staffroom in my school is nothing like this - more of a dumping ground for unwanted classroom tables, computers etc. I took the picture so I could show my head teacher and have him transform ours into this relaxing space...




I need to start thinking about updating some displays. I don't think this display justified the wall space it took up this year - any thoughts on what maths facts you think I should have on it? 

(I do have a number display with a hundred square, odd and even, rounding and number sequences on elsewhere in the classroom.)


Meet the teacher!

I'm excited to meet my new class on Monday morning! I've had a handover meeting with their current class teacher and have obviously seen them around school and know a few of the characters already. There are a LOT of very lively boys in the class but I am assured they they are all such keen learners and incredibly bright that I know it will be a great year!


(I'm also so excited there are only 22 children rather than the 29 I have had for most of this year!)

That's it for this week. I started the post on Friday but didn't quite post it before midnight so I'm sorry for the delay!

Have a great weekend (It's rainy here)!






2 comments:

  1. I love the theme of your maths board, it's very cute! :D Maybe you could add a Number Bonds section? You could even turn it into an activity where students make a butterfly or lady bug to show the combinations and hang them up around the room. Doubles as a display and a fun art/maths activity :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!!! Our teacher's lounge sounds a lot like yours but I sure do wish it was a lot like that picture! You are so close to the end, hang in there!!
    Mrs. Spriggs’ Kindergarten Pond

    ReplyDelete