Monday 23 June 2014

Monday Made It

Hello!

I'm linking up with Fourth Grade Frolics for another Monday Made It!



I finally got around to making the social media icon links that I wanted this weekend. I used the video tutorial made by Carol at Teachers are Terrific! It was really easy to follow and I'm so pleased with how they look!

Feel free to follow me on bloglovin', TpT or Pinterest!



I was hoping to share a crafty item - a cushion in my classroom colours that I was planning on making this weekend but unfortunately time got away from me and it will have to wait for another time.

Instead, I am sharing another classroom display I made a while back. It's one I keep up throughout most of the year and just add to with new adjectives and a few new decorations throughout the year. The kids really use it a lot to make sure they have some 'juicy' adjectives in their writing. A few too many things are 'gleaming' at the moment though so I think that word needs swapping out so a they can build their vocabulary even more! (Sorry - the picture isn't great quality!)


What displays help build vocabulary in your classroom?


I've also updated one of my free products on TpT. I bought some great new puzzle pieces from Graphics from the Pond and used them to add 20 new compound words to my existing compound adjectives packet. You can download it for free here.
 I would love it if you left some feedback if you like it!



Don't forget to link up with Monday Made It!



5 comments:

  1. I am pinning that vocabulary display because later this week I am going to visit my daughter- My goal while there is to get her bulletin boards up for her first grade classroom! We are copying you! That board is fantastic! My vocabulary board has the title "No Excuses" and the words there are meant to be a word bank to use for correct spelling! Nothing cute about it!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I definitely need a 'no excuses' board in my room. Spelling is not a strong point with my class this year!

      Delete
  2. I love the new social media icons you've made! I can't wait to see the blue and green classroom decor. I've been working on favorite colors all day and can't wait to share everything this week! Thanks for visiting.

    A Teaspoon of Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the compound adjective activity! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love those buttons!!!!!! I also love the lights on your board!
    Mrs. Spriggs’ Kindergarten Pond

    ReplyDelete