Saturday 24 May 2014

Five for Friday - Going Green!

Happy Friday Everyone!

So glad the half term has finally come. A lovely week off to sleep (and write reports...)!

I'm looking forward to our plants unit of work when we get back to school and have been searching Pinterest for ideas. There are so many out there! If you click on the images it should lead you to the original source.


My Five for Friday are some of the ideas I hope to try out...


Growing new plants from kitchen scraps 
I am always meaning to try out some of these ideas but never seem to get round to it. I think the kids would find it facinating. Let me know if you have had success with any of these in particular!


Glove garden

I love this idea. I can't find the original source so please let me know if you do so I can give proper credit. I think these will look great hanging on the classroom window so the parents can see what we are doing in class too!


Grass seeds in a cd case

We could make great detailed observational drawings using this. So simple!



Cress heads

Always a favourite for the kids to take home!


Leaf art animals

So clever. There are lots of different animals on the site (the elephant is very cute too!). Will make a lovely arty addition to our plants display.

That's my Five for Friday! If you have any other great ideas for our plant unit or if you have tried some of these and have some advice, then please leave a comment below.

Have a great weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment